Happy New Year!
It’s 2017! A new year, a new you. Many of us make New Year resolutions every year, some of us make the same ones every year. Let’s make this the last year we make this same resolutions. Loving Support is going to give you tips to sticking to your new year’s resolutions.
Why does it feel impossible to keep?
In order to solve a problem, you have to identify the issue. For some people, New Year resolutions tend to be goals that they have yet to achieve or overcome over the years. People also have a tendency to have the same New Year’s goal, year after year, because they keep failing to achieve the goal.
It is easy to make a new year’s resolution and hard to work on the goal. This is because it’s easier to say something than it is to do something. Researchers say just saying the New Year’s resolution makes you feel good alone, better than actually trying to fulfill the goal. For example, going to the gym and being more active is a common new year’s resolution. Saying you are going to be more active makes people feel good, it feels more better than going to the gym, and being active.
How to stick to your new year’s resolution?
This is better said than done. Making a SMART plan to achieve the goal. SMART is an acronym for specific, measureable, attainable, realistic, and time frame.
- Specific goals answers the questions who, what, where, when and why.
- Measurable goals have a criteria for measuring the progress. It helps you see your achievement and stay on track.
- Attainable goals have successful ways that you can do to make them come true.
- Realistic goals are goals that you are willing and able to complete.
- Timely goal has a time frame in which the goal should be completed. Saying someday will make the resolution at the back of your unconscious mind’s to do list.
Check out http://topachievement.com/smart.html for more information in regards to creating SMART goals.
Tips to sticking to your SMART goal.
- Make sure the steps to achieving your goal is fun, make it as entertaining as you can
- If possible, completing a goal with someone else can make it easier to complete
- Prioritize your list of goals
- Focus on a couple goals at a time, don’t spread yourself thin
Remember some goals take time to complete or to see results. Stick with it and you will see the rewards. Have a safe and happy New Year.