Loving Support is here!
LSS Gardening Program is a free program created to assist you in keeping the gardening spirit. Something you love doing shouldn’t have to stop because you don’t have the assistance and support you need.
Application deadline is May 1st, 2016. Late applications might still be considered.
Sign up early to ensure a match.
What is the Gardening Program?
The Gardening Program is a free gardening service for the Etobicoke area.
How do I apply?
You can apply over the phone, please call (416) 206-5421, or email email@example.com.
Who can apply?
Everyone who is 60 years and older or in need of assistance qualify for the gardening program.
How long is the program?
The program is approximately three months. It officially starts mid-June and runs until the end of August.
Why is the program free?
The Gardening Program is free because we want to help the vulnerable community by preventing isolation, loneliness and depression.
Where can I find more information?
If you have more questions please call (416) 206-5421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do like to garden, have a passion to help others, love to gain more skills and experiences? Then we have the program for you. This program is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door for many employment opportunities and scholarships by developing your leadership, communication, interpersonal and social skills with in your community.
- Increases levels of physical activity and helps mobility and flexibility
- Help stimulate the mind of others
- Provide companionship
- Continue the love of gardening
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Planting flowers and small area of garden vegetables
- Maintaining plants
- Light garden weeding / raking / sweeping
- Placing garbage bags of leaves to the curb
- Provide companionship to seniors
- Welcome to the team
- Gardening Tips and Techniques
- Volunteer vulnerable background police check applications
- Policies and Procedures
- And much more. More details will be released in May.
Are you interested in volunteering with our Gardening Program?
Application Deadline: May 1st, 2016
To apply open the application, fill it out and email to email@example.com